Security Can No Longer Be An Afterthought In Software Design and Development
Herndon, VA, June 24, 2014: 10Pearls CEO, Imran Aftab announced today the acquisition of information security firm, Gemini Security Solutions. Gemini CEO and Founder, Peter Hesse, will assume the role of Chief Security Officer for 10Pearls.With ever increasing security breaches, including the recent breaches at Snapchat, eBay, Target, and major security vulnerabilities in infrastructure products like the Heartbleed bug, sensitive data has never been more at risk. Add the multiple holes punched into data stores by the proliferation of mobile apps and connected devices, the Internet of Things (IoT), it is imperative that security is addressed and built into every development project right from the beginning and not a bolted-on afterthought.
10Pearls and Gemini first collaborated on a connected car application for Internet of Things provider Zubie. “We have benefited greatly from working with 10Pearls and Gemini as key partners in our solution development. The information security guidance provided by Gemini was a perfect complement to the mobile development expertise provided by 10Pearls, and helping us deploy a robust mobile platform,” said Navin Ganeshan, Vice President of Product at Zubie. “With security becoming increasingly critical in mobile deployments, the combined entity has the prospects of creating even greater value for any business involved in anything related to mobile.”
“With the acquisition of the Gemini Security team, we complete the formation of our Five Centers of Excellence Strategy”, said Imran Aftab. “Gemini’s customer base is synergistic with ours consisting of Fortune 100 companies and funded Startups as well. Peter Hesse is one of the pioneers in PKI technology having co-authored an IETF RFC and developed the original National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) reference architecture.”
“We are excited to be part of the 10Pearls family,” said Peter Hesse, CEO of Gemini Security Solutions. “As one team, we now provide tremendous value to businesses seeking to build enterprise-grade mobile and software solutions.”
Gemini Security Solutions will bring their security specialization to work as a best-of-breed standalone center of excellence giving our clients the ability to choose from an integrated approach to picking and choosing from any of the 5 centers’ offerings.
10Pearls Centers of Excellence:
- Product/Project Management – Experienced professionals who are our client’s advocates and voice between all the engaged centers. We take ownership of managing features, deadlines, and cost.
- Architecture – From choosing the appropriate technology stack to ensuring scalability that meets
- UX/UI Design – Built around the leadership of one of Washington DC’s most talented designers, 10Pearls has the luxury of attracting top design talent by offering a multitude of challenging projects not available to in-house designers.
- Software Development – Strategically located where there is an availability of top talent and where we have established ourselves as the employer of choice. We attract and retain top talent in our selected markets.
- Information Security – Fortune 50 companies, Venture Capitalists use our information security experts to vet acquisition targets to ensure against security breach liability and regulatory compliance.