The VP Technology will leverage their background and expertise in software development and agile methodologies to internally drive the planning and delivery of our services and assist our clients with their technology roadmap. The incumbent of this role will have business acumen, be a champion of transformation, mentor the teams on building business and risk assessment, process improvements and governance into project planning and review standards.
- Enable and assure the optimal quality and governance of a portfolio of projects and programs by setting up project frameworks, standards and best practices.
- Lead technical discussions in presales meetings, leveraging a balance of technical and business acumen
- Work with both technical stakeholders and internal technology teams to help develop the technical strategy and roadmap
- Manage technical risk of development teams’ efforts toward planned goals and milestones as set forth with stakeholders
- Have a strong working relationship with the CISO to ensure Security best practices are followed in all aspects of software development
- Lead, mentor and grow the engineering team, carefully balancing the current team with the demand and needs as the business grows rapidly
- Ongoing assessment of existing and emerging internal and external technologies and if/how they can be leveraged to improve capabilities and prepare for areas of growing demand
- Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to introduce automation into manual business and technical processes
- Growth and professional development of team members
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies & SDLC best practices
- Extensive experience with modern software development and release processes & tools
- Expert knowledge of modern architectural standards and frameworks
- Working knowledge of migrations from legacy environments to AWS or Azure Cloud
- Working knowledge of Mobile frameworks
- Working knowledge of AWS, Azure and cloud architecture best practices
- Working knowledge of software development and programming languages
- Strong, proven technical leadership experience and a strategic problem-solver
- Computer Science & Management Information Systems background
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong remote team leadership qualities. Ability to work independently and across many time zones.
- Experience mentoring team members as well as helping them set and achieve goals for growth in their careers. This includes regular one on one meetings as well as the creation of formal performance evaluations and action plans
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate technical solutions to business terminology and goals
- An ownership mentality and entrepreneurial approach, including comfort with intelligent risk taking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- 10+ years of related experience, including deep experience within technology vendors and program management.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a leadership role within delivery-focused consulting or digital marketing agency
- Previous experience restructuring or reorganizing an organization successfully
- Proven experience growing revenue within a professional services organization
- Previous experience building and leading digital transformation strategy projects
- A Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
10Pearls is a growing, energetic, and highly-reputed product development company that specializes in mobile apps, enterprise software, gamification and great user experiences. Led by an experienced management team, and serving impressive clients, 10Pearls is seeking professionals with entrepreneurial spirits. We seek professionals who thrive on new challenges. Our employees have the unique opportunity of not only helping solve challenges for our clients, but also to help define 10Pearls’ growth and direction. Our unique business practices, culture and immense opportunity for growth help us attract professionals that have an entrepreneurial spirit. 10Pearls‘ diverse clientele includes start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures, high growth small and medium-sized business, as well as, large enterprises and corporations that are publicly traded.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
If you’re up for the challenge, please send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Vice President Technology” to