10Pearls is seeking a Technical Architect to join our award-winning team in delivering cutting-edge technology solutions spanning cloud, mobile and enterprise web solutions. This position will help transform businesses through new product development and modernization of existing enterprise systems.
Ideal candidates will have 5-10 years’ experience successfully driving technical specifications, design, and development with a strong familiarity with web and mobile applications. We are looking for someone skilled at working in Agile environments with off-shore and cross-functional teams and is dedicated to customer satisfaction, high-energy with a positive attitude, proactive, organized, and detail-oriented
Skills and Experience
- Strong skillsets in Software or System Architecture design
- Experience with back-end development and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Expertise in open source technologies and NoSQL DB technology such as Couchbase, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Strong knowledge of application-profiling and performance-tuning
- Ability to accurately estimate software development tasks given a set of requirements and assumptions
- Ability to work with Project Managers to develop task-level project plans and proposals
- Ability to develop secure solutions and knowledge of industry best practices regarding information security
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and limitation issues
- Experience with Modern UI Frameworks (e.g. React, Vue, Angular) and Flux UI architecture
- Experience with cloud provider services and container technologies (e.g. AWS, MS Azure, Chef, Docker, Google App Engine)
- Experience with complex event-driven architectures
- Experience developing complex, high availability enterprise software
- Strong expertise with Web Services and RESTful architecture
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques
- Sets and manages client expectations; has awareness of potential issues that require proactive communications
- Develops positive relationships with client personnel
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and develop business solutions
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s’ degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Create specs, design, develop, and debug scalable and high-performance, service-based applications (particularly for web and mobile)
- Support and enhance the architecture and the framework of customer applications
- Help define technical solutions and a unified framework from the design and architecture through development, testing and release
- Set the technology direction by recommending specific technologies to pursue, suggesting training and staff development activities as needed
- Identify and address technical debt as applications evolve
- Evaluate and prototype POC using the best technologies for the job
- Conduct performance-testing by using application profiler and load-testing tools
- Define and implement automated build, deployment, and testing procedures
- Identify and resolve potential application security vulnerabilities
- Improve system scalability and application isolatio
10Pearls is a growing, energetic, and highly-reputed product development company that specializes in mobile apps, enterprise software, gamification and great user experiences. Led by an experienced management team, and serving impressive clients, 10Pearls is seeking professionals with entrepreneurial spirits. We seek professionals who thrive on new challenges. Our employees have the unique opportunity of not only helping solve challenges for our clients, but also to help define 10Pearls’ growth and direction. Our unique business practices, culture and immense opportunity for growth help us attract professionals that have an entrepreneurial spirit. 10Pearls‘ diverse clientele includes start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures, high growth small and medium-sized business, as well as, large enterprises and corporations that are publicly traded.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
If you’re up for the challenge, please send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Technical Architect” to