10Pearls is seeking a Solution Architect to join our award-winning team in delivering cutting-edge technology solutions spanning cloud, mobile, and enterprise web solutions. This position will help transform businesses through new product development and modernization of existing enterprise systems for our customers.
Ideal candidates will have 5+ years’ experience successfully driving software development activities, architecting and creating technical specifications, technical leadership and mentoring. We are looking for someone skilled at working in Agile environments with off-shore and cross-functional teams, is dedicated to customer satisfaction, has high-energy with a positive attitude, and is proactive, organized, and detail-oriented.
Skills and Experience
- Strong skill sets in Software or System Architecture design
- Experience with back-end development and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, Sql Server, etc.)
- Experience in open source technologies and NoSQL DB technology such as MongoDB, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Understanding of tiered architectures, Service Orientation and Microservices
- Professional or personal experience with public cloud providers (Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with creating and integrating well documented web services (SOAP or REST).
- Strong knowledge of application-profiling and performance-tuning
- Experience and understanding of Agile and Scrum process and concepts
- Ability to estimate software development effort given a set of requirements and assumptions
- Ability to work with Project Managers to technical implementation plans
- Ability to develop secure solutions and knowledge of industry best practices regarding information security
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Create specifications and Architect scalable and high-performance applications (particularly for web and mobile)
- Be the technical point of contact for customers to facilitate and guide technical conversations
- Support and enhance the architecture and the framework of customer applications
- Help define technical solutions and a unified framework.
- Lead and mentor developers from the design and architecture through development, testing and release phases
- Set the technology direction by recommending specific technologies to pursue, suggesting training and staff development activities as needed
- Identify and address technical debt as applications evolve
- Evaluate and prototype best technology solution for projects, doing POCs as needed
- Define and implement automated build and deployment processes using CI/CD technologies and other DevOps principles
- Identify and resolve potential application security vulnerabilities
- Improve system scalability and application isolation
- Experience with one or more Modern UI Frameworks like Angular, Vue, React (with Redux, Bootstrap or Flux UI architecture)
- Deep expertise with one or more public cloud providers (Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with one or more container technologies Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Experience with automation technologies like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Experience with complex event-driven architectures
- Experience developing or architecting complex, high availability enterprise software
10Pearls is a growing, energetic, and highly-reputed product development company that specializes in mobile apps, enterprise software, gamification and great user experiences. Led by an experienced management team, and serving impressive clients, 10Pearls is seeking professionals with entrepreneurial spirits. We seek professionals who thrive on new challenges. Our employees have the unique opportunity of not only helping solve challenges for our clients, but also to help define 10Pearls’ growth and direction. Our unique business practices, culture and immense opportunity for growth help us attract professionals that have an entrepreneurial spirit. 10Pearls‘ diverse clientele includes start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures, high growth small and medium-sized business, as well as, large enterprises and corporations that are publicly traded.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
If you’re up for the challenge, please send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Solution Architect” to