10Pearls is seeking a Software Architect with 7-12 years of experience to join our award winning team in delivering innovative technology solutions spanning mobile, enterprise web and gamification. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual, with a proven record of technical architecture of web, backend systems and mobile applications, has strong experience in leading teams on internal / external facing products and projects and interacting with stakeholders, design and technical team members, designing technical solutions. This includes technical design to fulfill functional requirements, designing for performance, scale, security and integration. Assessing risks, planning, tracking, and designing solutions to mitigate said risks. The candidate must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization. The candidate will work closely with the cross functional teams, communicate the needs and priorities, and also work with key stake holders to ensure expectations are managed, and the solution delivered to satisfaction. Candidate is also expected to serve as a mentor to the development team, introducing best practices, overseeing the technical implementation with code-reviews and helping the QA team with identifying pain-points and working with them on testing strategies from a technical standpoint.
As a Software Architect, you will:
- Manage day to day engineering tasks for the team
- General management and technical ownership of a specific solution area
- Design and develop solution strategy which supports productivity, maintainability, interoperability, and product growth
- Backlog management and prioritization of engineering technical tasks and technical debt
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to identify the business “technical needs” from specifications and requirements
- Negotiate concrete implementation strategy with Business Analysts and Architects
- Prevent decision process from stalling by ensuring solution level issues are addressed promptly
- Conduct, manage, and enforce code reviews.
- Conduct technical and feature risks assessments and communicate to the architecture and product management groups
- Educate and enforce clean, beautiful code that follows the main object oriented programming principles
- Enforce Proper Unit, Integration, System, Performance level Tests, Code Coverage, and Static/Dynamic Code Quality Metrics
- Work with Enterprise Architects to ensure proper solution based on the established architectural principles and patterns
- Educate and enforce proper and efficient API/framework documentation
- Mentor and guide technical resources within team
- Guide and participate in recruiting best technical talent for the team
- Create and integrate features for our clients’ software solution using relevant technology
- Write web services, business objects, and other middle-tier framework using relevant technology
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals
- Leverage 3rd party open source and other technologies and languages outside of the core solution.
- Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues
- Work with development teams in an agile context as it relates to software development, including test driven development, automated unit testing and test fixtures
- Actively participate in daily code reviews with software engineers and architect
We’re looking for a seasoned software architect to join our team.
- Highly developed problem-solving, design, planning, and organization skills with strong improvement focus.
- Strong object oriented design skills, understanding of design patterns, and ability to define intuitive and usable software interfaces.
- Experience implementing distributed architecture applications, designing data models and database schemas, and solving scalability issues.
- Experience driving and realizing complex end-to-end technical solutions and how decision/design impacts architecture delivery.
- Experience integrating with financial systems such as payment gateways, ecommerce services, and secure financial data storage.
- Experience designing and developing to support mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of technologies which include: Linux, Java, Python, PHP, Cold Fusion, Flash, REST, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Apache, Tomcat.
- Knowledge of agile development strategies (Scrum, Kanban) and all elements of the software development lifecycle.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead distributed technical teams while actively interfacing with senior leadership.
- Strong technical communication skills, including the ability to operate at highly variable levels of abstraction including business strategy, product strategy, technical design, and implementation.
- Proven deep technical experience in open source technologies and enterprise grade frameworks – both front-end and backend.
- Experience working with off-shore development and test resources is highly desirable
- Proven success working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities while managing both strategic and tactical deliverables.
- High energy!
10Pearls is a growing, energetic, and highly-reputed product development company that specializes in mobile apps, enterprise software, gamification and great user experiences. Led by an experienced management team, and serving impressive clients, 10Pearls is seeking professionals with entrepreneurial spirits. We seek professionals who thrive on new challenges. Our employees have the unique opportunity of not only helping solve challenges for our clients, but also to help define 10Pearls’ growth and direction. Our unique business practices, culture and immense opportunity for growth help us attract professionals that have an entrepreneurial spirit. 10Pearls‘ diverse clientele includes start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures, high growth small and medium-sized business, as well as, large enterprises and corporations that are publicly traded.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
If you’re up for the challenge, please send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Software Architect” to