We are seeking a Senior Security Architect with 7-12 years of experience to join our award winning team focused on delivering innovative technology solutions spanning mobile, enterprise web and gamification. The position’s primary responsibility is to leverage experience to create a secure system development lifecycle to design and build security into mobile and web applications. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively, demonstrate a high degree of technical qualification, and work across the organization, participating with both business analysis as well as project design and development. The candidate will be relied upon to make software architecture and design decisions to ensure the high quality and security of products we create. The candidate will work closely with the cross functional teams, communicate the needs and priorities, and also work with key stake holders to ensure expectations are managed, and the project delivered to satisfaction.
As a Senior Security Architect, you will:
- Assist with the improvement of software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes to ensure security is an active member of the entire systems development process
- Participate in architecture review boards, risk assessments, and review project documentation for the development of new software and products
- Perform risk assessment and analysis of systems, software, and organizations
- Assess current and proposed systems and solutions for compliance with standards and regulations such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Analyze vulnerability and penetration test findings and develop remediation strategies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate security controls at every step of the design, development, quality assurance, and maintenance of systems
- Provide assistance related to incident response and computer/network forensics
- Ensure IT security controls meet regulatory requirements
- Develop test plans, system specifications, hardening guides, and other tools to assist in the defense of exposed systems
- Present and defend design and architecture suggestions to internal and external parties, including senior management, demonstrating the benefits and drawbacks of various solutions in a way that all parties can understand and act upon
- Participate in pre-sales support activities such as scoping proposed solutions, resources and risk analysis
We’re looking for well-rounded individuals with a deep technical background along with communication and project management experience.
- 5+ years architectural level design experience in one or more security domains
- 3+ years experience in a professional services capacity focused on systems development and systems integration
- 7+ years experience in information technology in core IT infrastructure domains such as networks, server and desktop operating systems, software development, and systems monitoring and management
- Experience working across diverse teams including security practitioners, software developers, and management
- Experience performing audits and assessments against policies and regulations such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Software development experience across a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- Experience communicating findings and suggested remediation with senior management
- Demonstrated understanding of defense in depth models and practices
- Assessment of vulnerabilities against common industry standards such as OWASP Top 10 and CWE/SANS Top 25
- Proven experience implementing SDLC within an organization
- University degree (or equivalent), advanced degree preferred
- Active security industry certifications such as CISSP and CISA preferred
- 5-12 years full-time experience
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, a passion for excellence and a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to multi-task, self-direct, and manage deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
10Pearls is a growing, energetic, and highly-reputed product development company that specializes in mobile apps, enterprise software, gamification and great user experiences. Led by an experienced management team, and serving impressive clients, 10Pearls is seeking professionals with entrepreneurial spirits. We seek professionals who thrive on new challenges. Our employees have the unique opportunity of not only helping solve challenges for our clients, but also to help define 10Pearls’ growth and direction. Our unique business practices, culture and immense opportunity for growth help us attract professionals that have an entrepreneurial spirit. 10Pearls‘ diverse clientele includes start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures, high growth small and medium-sized business, as well as, large enterprises and corporations that are publicly traded.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a diverse workplace.
If you’re up for the challenge, please send a cover letter and resume via email with the subject line “Senior Security Architect” to